In today’s financial landscape – you are your credit score. When it’s good, everybody falls over themselves to help you and when it’s not, you are ignored. That means you want to make sure your credit score is in the best health possible.
That begins with getting a free credit check on a regular basis:
- It lets you know how things are. Good or bad, you can’t know until you see for yourself. A free credit score lets you know where you are starting from and how much work you have to do.
- It helps you focus on getting your credit in shape. Thinks of your credit score as a high score in a financial game. The better your score, the better you are doing financially. Now be a winner.
- It makes sure things are accurate. Companies and people make mistakes. Your credit may be suffering because of a mistake. Find out and then you can correct it.
- It gives you a realistic understanding of the chance of a loan, mortgage, etc. A low credit score needs repairing if you want a loan (or at least if you want decent terms on that loan).
- You can make changes when things start to go off track. It’s much easier to fix a problem when it’s a small thing than when it’s built up for years and years.
You can check your credit score wherever you want and it’s worth noting that there’s often a fee for doing it through a financial institution. That’s OK when you’re getting a loan or a mortgage but until then, you’re better off using a free credit checking service.
Like the one below, it’s not exactly the same as the one provided by the bank but it’s close enough for a financial health check and it’s free.